Saturday 24 January 2015

Friendship is timeless

For my best friend, Grachel Kim,

Friendship is timeless. It’s partying into the morning, it’s talking into the night. It’s looking back thinking, “why did we do that?”. But never once saying, “I wish we didn’t.”

Friendship is never saying goodbye. It's conversations left open, no punctuation, no distance, no barriers between us.

Friendship is growth. Growing old. Growing wise. I’ll hold your hair when you’re drunk and feeling sick. I’ll hold you when you’re crying over him. I’ll hold your bouquet before you walk down the isle, and I’ll hold your child when they’re rested in my arms. I’ll hold our memories so close to my heart and I’ll hold onto the thought that you’re never too far.

I miss you & I love you as always.

With love, k

No comments:

Post a Comment