Wednesday 19 November 2014

Girl, you're hotter than Malaysia's weather

Every relationship begins with that first step. Some people never get past that first step. (A silent moment for our brothers in the friendzone..) No matter what they tell you, first impressions matter, (I mean you don't fall in love with people's personality at first glance do you?) and our opening few lines can either energize the interaction,or cause the other person to look around for the nearest exit.

So there are 3 types of people or 3 main categories of openers

Direct gambitsThese are the type of people who are straightforward, know their goals and what they are trying to get. They are honest and get right to the point.E.g: "I'm sort of shy, but I'd like to get to know you"
"Hi, my name is ***. I saw you over here and knew if I didn’t introduce myself I’d be kicking myself later."
"Hi, you have a great energy about yourself so I thought I’d come up and say hi. My name is ***."

Innocuous gambits
These are type of people who try to make their intentions subtle and low-key. In other words, hiding a person's true intentions.
E.g.:  "What do you think of this band?"
"What’s good here?" -If guys are standing in line at a cafe or Starbucks and there is a cute chick in line, they tend to use lines like this. And sometimes it actually works. ;) -

Cute/flippant gambitsMostly pick-up lines which involve humor, but often in a cheesy, canned way.
E.g.: "I thought happiness started with an H. Why does mine start with U?"
"Did you fart? Because you blew me away."
"I'm not staring at your boobs. I'm staring at your heart."
"You shouldn't wear makeup. It's messing with perfection."
And it goes on and on and on..
 
Majority of both sexes would agree that cute/flippant pick-up lines were the least attractive. Most girls prefer innocuous lines and had a greater aversion to cute/flippant lines than men. Guys, however, have a greater preference for direct opening gambits than women. (Myself included. Haha) Receptivity to pick-up lines involves cognitive processing, which requires thought. A certain amount of mental energy is required to follow the conversation and cut through the bullcrap to figure out a person's true intentions, which is a girl's favorite thing to do; thinking and over-thinking. But your mental state at any given moment is influenced by a number of factors, including how much stress you've experienced that day, or even just before the current conversation. If you've already been hit by a barrage of cute/flippant lines, your brain may feel a bit fatigued.
 
For me, most are in fact cheesy pickup lines or perhaps at best funny. In fact, I don’t even like the term “pickup lines” because whatever you say first to a woman doesn’t matter nearly as much as the fact that you said something. Guys should just be confident and be themselves. Why try to be someone you're not?


Cheers! x
-KH

No comments:

Post a Comment